425 Lafayette St.
New York
NY 10003

Astor Library

 一般的なランドマーク文化スポット文化的な催し図書館福祉/サービス地域の歴史/文化財スペシャル・サイト難民保護地域

このサイトについて

No votes yet

The Astor Library was a free public library developed primarily through the collaboration of New York merchant John Jacob Astor and New England educator and bibliographer Joseph Cogswell. It was primarily meant as a research library, and its books didn't circulate. It opened to the public in 1854, and in 1895 consolidated with the Lenox Library and the Tilden Foundation to become the New York Public Library (NYPL). During this time, its building was expanded twice, in 1859 and 1881.
The NYPL abandoned the building in 1911, and the books were moved to the NYPL's newly constructed building by Bryant Park. In 1920, the Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society purchased it. By 1965 it was in disuse and faced demolition. The Public Theater (then the New York Shakespeare Festival) persuaded the city to purchase it for use as a theater. It was converted for theater use by Giorgio Cavaglieri. The building is a New York City Landmark, designated in 1965.[10]

(Source:www.wikipedia.org/astor_library)

Location:

Javascript is required to view this map.

コメント

コネクション

ここでは、関連したサイトと比較、地図の探索、ボランティアについてやこのサイトへの行きかたなどがわかります。

行きかた

このグリーンサイトと同じ第一アイコンを指定しているサイトは自動的にここに表示されます。ここに表示されているほかのサイトを見て比較してみよう。
世界中の関連サイト
Choose a connections category from the list on the left.

マルチメディア

Astor Library

added by NYU Tourism Maps

flag

インパクト

まだ誰からもインパクトは報告されていません!一番目になりませんか?

Donate to GreenMaps