The Great House of Study of The people of Hungary

242 E. 7th St.
New York, NY

The Great House of Study of The people of Hungary

祈りの場所

このサイトについて

No votes yet

In 1908 Hungarian Jews in the East Village purchased a home on 7th street and modified the building to become a synagogue. the new synagogue, which cost $10,000 had a Neo-classic and refined facade clad in stone. Four flat pilasters on the first fllor supported a cornice on which the second story-essentially a classic Greek temple. A stained glass fanlight is above the door.

Over the decades, the majority of Hungarian Jews left the East Village for Yorkville in Upper Manhattan. The synagogue closed in 1975, and by the mid1980s the interior was converted into 5 intimate, luxury residences. Although the interior of the former synagogue is apartments, the outside of the residence is "unmistakably a synagogue".

Location:

Javascript is required to view this map.

コメント

新しいコメントの投稿

  • HTMLタグの使用は許可されていません
  • 行と段落は自動的に折り返されます。

書式オプションに関するさらに詳しい情報...

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

コネクション

ここでは、関連したサイトと比較、地図の探索、ボランティアについてやこのサイトへの行きかたなどがわかります。

行きかた

このグリーンサイトと同じ第一アイコンを指定しているサイトは自動的にここに表示されます。ここに表示されているほかのサイトを見て比較してみよう。
世界中の関連サイト
Choose a connections category from the list on the left.

マルチメディア

Be the first to add a photo, video, or PDF about this site! Each expresses a personal perspective.

インパクト

まだ誰からもインパクトは報告されていません!一番目になりませんか?

新しいコメントの投稿

  • HTMLタグの使用は許可されていません
  • 行と段落は自動的に折り返されます。

書式オプションに関するさらに詳しい情報...

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Donate to GreenMaps