The Village Temple- Congregation B’nai Israel of New York

33 East 12 street
New York
NY 10003

The Village Temple- Congregation B’nai Israel of New York

祈りの場所

このサイトについて

No votes yet

On June 3, 1948, thirty Jews gathered at the Brevoort Hotel on the northeast corner of Fifth Avenue and Eighth Street. Led by Harry Burnbaum, Max Cohen and C.S.White, their agenda was to discuss the re-organization of the Jewish Community Center into a "liberal Jewish" congregation for residents of Greenwich and the lower West Side areas. At that time, there were only two congregations in the area, both Orthodox: one on Charles Street and one on West 23rd Street. Before purchasing their permanent building on 12 Street on January 11, 1956, village temple held service different location throughout the east village. Nine years after it’s founding, the Village Temple opened its doors on Saturday, September 14, 1957, welcoming its congregants and neighbors. Among the speakers was Rabbi Davis, as well as Rabbi Samuel Silver, representing the Union of American Hebrew Congregations. A formal dedication for the Temple was held on Monday, September 16, 1957.

Location:

Javascript is required to view this map.

コメント

新しいコメントの投稿

  • HTMLタグの使用は許可されていません
  • 行と段落は自動的に折り返されます。

書式オプションに関するさらに詳しい情報...

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

コネクション

ここでは、関連したサイトと比較、地図の探索、ボランティアについてやこのサイトへの行きかたなどがわかります。

行きかた

このグリーンサイトと同じ第一アイコンを指定しているサイトは自動的にここに表示されます。ここに表示されているほかのサイトを見て比較してみよう。
世界中の関連サイト
Choose a connections category from the list on the left.

マルチメディア

Be the first to add a photo, video, or PDF about this site! Each expresses a personal perspective.

インパクト

まだ誰からもインパクトは報告されていません!一番目になりませんか?

新しいコメントの投稿

  • HTMLタグの使用は許可されていません
  • 行と段落は自動的に折り返されます。

書式オプションに関するさらに詳しい情報...

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Donate to GreenMaps