New York Gospel Mission to the Jews

149 Avenue B
New York
NY 10009

New York Gospel Mission to the Jews

Place of Worship

Rezumat

Nu există voturi încă

New York Gospel Mission to the Jews was founded in 1895 by Dr. Bernard Angel. He was the graduate of a German rabbinical school. Upon graduation he forsook his religious career to pursue journalism in Paris. When he wanted to further his career in England, his parents convinced him to go to New York City because they were afraid of the Christian influences in England. While in New York City his aristocratic wife attended some Christian ladies meetings and came to Christ. She was instrumental in leading her husband to the Lord.
It is one of the oldest missions in Manhattan. Dr. Angel died in 1929, and his daughter Ruth became the director of the work. In 1944 the mission purchased the five-story building at 149 Avenue B, and named it Angel Memorial House after the founders.

Location:

Javascript este necesar pentru a vizualiza harta.

Comentarii

Publică un comentariu nou

  • Nu sunt permise taguri HTML
  • Liniile şi paragrafele sunt rupte automat.

Mai multe informaţii despre opţiunile de filtrare

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Conexiuni

Compare related sites, explore the related maps, find out about volunteering, how to get here and more. Soon, you will find ways to share this map here, too.

Getting Here

Every site using the same primary Icon on Open Green Map is automatically linked here. You can compare different approaches and solutions on this map and others around the world.
Related Sites Worldwide
Choose a connections category from the list on the left.

Multimedia

Be the first to add a photo, video, or PDF about this site! Each expresses a personal perspective.

Impact

No impacts have been left for this site yet - be the first!

Publică un comentariu nou

  • Nu sunt permise taguri HTML
  • Liniile şi paragrafele sunt rupte automat.

Mai multe informaţii despre opţiunile de filtrare

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Donate to GreenMaps