St. Nicholas Carpatho-Russian orthodox Church (Former memorial Chapel of St. Mark’s Parish).

288 east 10 street
New York
NY 10009

St. Nicholas Carpatho-Russian orthodox Church (Former memorial Chapel of St. Mark’s Parish).

Lugar de Culto

Descripción

Sin votos aún

This building was constructed in 1882-83 as the Memorial Chapel of St. Mark’s Parish by Rutherfurd Stuyvesant for his deceased wife, Mary Pierrepont Rutherfurd Stuyvesant. St. Mark’s Church in the Bowery was an Episcopalian church located to the west of the Memorial Chapel at 10th Street and 2nd Avenue. This church probably ceased being a chapel of St. Mark’s Parish around 1909 and was occupied by the Holy Trinity Slovak Lutheran Church until 1911. The present Orthodox Christian congregation rented the church from the Episcopal Diocese of New York in 1925 and in 1937 they bought the building and named the church after St. Nicholas, Archbishop of Myra.

Location:

Javascript is required to view this map.

Comentarios

Enviar un comentario nuevo

  • No se admite ninguna etiqueta HTML
  • Saltos automáticos de líneas y de párrafos.

Más información sobre opciones de formato

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Conexiones

Compare related sites, explore the related maps, find out about volunteering, how to get here and more. Soon, you will find ways to share this map here, too.

Getting Here

Every site using the same primary Icon on Open Green Map is automatically linked here. You can compare different approaches and solutions on this map and others around the world.
Related Sites Worldwide
Choose a connections category from the list on the left.

Multimedia

Be the first to add a photo, video, or PDF about this site! Each expresses a personal perspective.

Impactos

No impacts have been left for this site yet - be the first!

Enviar un comentario nuevo

  • No se admite ninguna etiqueta HTML
  • Saltos automáticos de líneas y de párrafos.

Más información sobre opciones de formato

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Donate to GreenMaps