Saline Parish Church

Main Street
On the corner with Oakley Road
Saline
KY12 9TL

Saline Parish Church

Place of Worship

Overview

No votes yet

Saline Parish Church was built by William Stark between 1808 and 1810. Stark, who came from Dunfermline, also designed Muir Kirk in Ayrshire, St. George’s in Glasgow and the Signet Library in Edinburgh. The roof-pitch was steepened in 1905 by P. MacGregor Chalmers. The bell, according to the Dunfermline Press of 20th July 1889, was salvaged from the old church and hung in the belfry of the new one. Inside, the church has a gallery round three sides supported on columns of clustered shafts. The furnishings are by Chalmers, 1905, and the stained glass east window depicting Christ and symbols of Baptism and the Eucharist are by John Blyth, 1984.

There is a session house at the entrance of the churchyard, built by Andrew Cairns in 1819.

In 1958, Saline Parish Church was linked with the parish of Blairingone.

Part of a community map.

Location:

Javascript is required to view this map.

Comments

Post new comment

  • No HTML tags allowed
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Connections

Compare related sites, explore the related maps, find out about volunteering, how to get here and more. Soon, you will find ways to share this map here, too.

Getting Here

Every site using the same primary Icon on Open Green Map is automatically linked here. You can compare different approaches and solutions on this map and others around the world.
Other Sites on Map
Related Sites Worldwide
Choose a connections category from the list on the left.

Multimedia

Be the first to add a photo, video, or PDF about this site! Each expresses a personal perspective.

Impacts

No impacts have been left for this site yet - be the first!

Post new comment

  • No HTML tags allowed
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

More information about formatting options

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Donate to GreenMaps