Sauchie Tower

地域の歴史/文化財

このサイトについて

No votes yet

Sauchie Tower was built between 1430 and 1440 by Sir James Schaw, who came from Greenock to marry Mary de Annand, co-heiress of Sauchie. James Schaw was ‘Comptroller to the King’, the Schaws were one of the most influential families in medieval Scotland and were governors of Stirling Castle until the reign of James IV. There may have been an earlier building on the site before the present tower was built, though no evidence for this has been found so far. Sauchie Tower is comparable to the secondary wing of nearby Clackmannan Tower and has been changed very little since it was built.

www.clacksweb.org.uk/visiting/sauchietower/

Sauchie Tower is part of Clackmannanshire's Tower Trail. www.clacksweb.org.uk/visiting/towertrail/

Location:

Javascript is required to view this map.

コメント

新しいコメントの投稿

  • HTMLタグの使用は許可されていません
  • 行と段落は自動的に折り返されます。

書式オプションに関するさらに詳しい情報...

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

コネクション

ここでは、関連したサイトと比較、地図の探索、ボランティアについてやこのサイトへの行きかたなどがわかります。

行きかた

このグリーンサイトと同じ第一アイコンを指定しているサイトは自動的にここに表示されます。ここに表示されているほかのサイトを見て比較してみよう。
世界中の関連サイト
Choose a connections category from the list on the left.

マルチメディア

Be the first to add a photo, video, or PDF about this site! Each expresses a personal perspective.

インパクト

まだ誰からもインパクトは報告されていません!一番目になりませんか?

新しいコメントの投稿

  • HTMLタグの使用は許可されていません
  • 行と段落は自動的に折り返されます。

書式オプションに関するさらに詳しい情報...

Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.
Donate to GreenMaps